Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help me to unjam my Voigtlaender VSL1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Help me to unjam my Voigtlaender VSL1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 06:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just managed to readjust the meter and tried the shutter again during re-assembly when it got jammed. I can move the advance lever a bit, and the shutter curtain seams move a few mm but then get blocked. When I free the detent of the advance gear under the bottom plate the advance lever returns but the shutter curtains stay in their position until I move a cog wheel close to the sag-teethed wheels used to adjust the curtain tension. I tried to move each and every lever under the bottom plate but no success. Any ideas?

Actually the camera is a VSL1-TM with screw-mount but the shutter should be identical to the VSL1 with bayonet mount or its predessor, the Icarex 35 BM.

Winfried

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 12:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a bit further - by turning one of the cogwheels under the top cover I can wind the shutter curtains, and they move backwards freely. So the problem doesn't seem to be around the shutter but around the advance shaft which seems to be blocked. Also, the lever which is moved by the conical part of the shutter release shaft seems to be blocked - I can press the shutter button but it binds against that lever. Any thoughts?

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Problem solved...I have to admit I assembled the advance crank the wrong way, there is a disk with a stop notch which has to be properly placed in order not to run against a stop around the advance shaft.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration