Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Spotmatic F top removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Spotmatic F top removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anirban

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

How do I remove the rewind knob on a Spotmatic F?
I had a look at Rick Oleson's Spotmatic disassembly diagram (http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-113.html , I guess Spotmatic should be very similar or same as SPF), but could not understand how the rewind shaft is to be taken out.

Thanks,
Anirban
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

George Welcher

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Anirban,
You don't need to remove the shaft to take the top off. The knob simply unscrews from the top of the shaft. Open the back and place a tool between the two tangs at the end of the shaft where it protrudes into the film compartment. Use something that won't damage the shaft, like a piece of wood or plastic. Holding the tool, rotate the knob counter clockwise to loosen, clockwise to tighten. Leave the shaft in the up position, and/or leave the back open, otherwise you will have a hard time opening it with the knob off.

Cheers,
George

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration