Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AT-1 Hair trigger shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon AT-1 Hair trigger shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Etheridge

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 04:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My AT-1 goes well, apart from needing a light seal kit. but the shutter goes off at the slightest provocation when cocked, e.g. turn camera on or off, bump it, etc. This is pretty exciting, but expensive, when my power winder is fitted and switched on. The whole roll is gone in a flash, while those around gaze in admiration at the "pro" making the fat noises. Any suggestions as to where to start?

rick

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if it's like the other A's, the shutter release is a reed switch under the release button. maybe it's gotten limp and is almost touching when at rest and makes contact at the slightest provocation... if so, you should be able to see the problem under the top deck and bend it back. another possibility is a dirty release magnet under the baseplate, not holding properly and so letting go if it's bumped. not sure if that would create the continuous-run problem, but maybe. in the meantime, i'd probably take the motor off.

Mike Etheridge

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Rick. Have already got the motor off! I'll get started along the lines you suggest.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration