Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus xa2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus xa2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ada

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i recently bought a xa2 and i cannot open the camera back. All i need to do is to lift the rewinding part up and the back should pop open right?

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 08:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It may be stuck from deterioration of the old seals. As you hold up on the rewind knob, try using your other hand to pull the film door away from the camera. Once before, I have seen one of these which was incorrectly re-sealed using something which reacted badly with the plastic of the body. The end result was a film door which was literally glued to the camera body. This, however, was a pretty extreme problem and probably not what you're facing. If you need material to re-seal it, please let me know. Good luck,

Jon

M Currie

Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rewind knob on the XA2 will go up freely for about a half inch before it engages the latch, which requires a little more force to operate. You should pull up another eighth inch or so against spring pressure before it unlatches. Make sure you pull the knob all the way up, and if still doesn't open, then it's probably glued shut by sticky seals, as Jon G. suggests.

Good luck opening it. It's a great little camera!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration