Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Super LED's not lighting Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax ME Super LED's not lighting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Keith Miller

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was just given a Pentax ME Super. The display does not work when fresh batteries are installed.
Is this a simple fix, Something I should spend money on repairing or just use it as is in the 1/125 mode?
Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Keith
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joel Haylock

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 04:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Keith,

This may sound a bit simple, but are you sure that you have the batteries installed the correct way round?
The reason I say this is that when I dug my old ME Super out after about 5 years of storage and put new batteries in it, I thought that the meter had stopped working. Eventually I worked out that the batteries were in upside down, changed them and the meter came to life.
Since then I have bought 2 ME Super's on ebay with 'non-functioning meters' and this has turned out to be the problem in both cases.

Regards

Joel

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration