Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Focusing Screen for Mamia C3? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Focusing Screen for Mamia C3? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug Wilson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently aquired a Mamiya C3 with what appears to be a "jerry-rigged" focusing screen from some other, unknown camera. It looks as if the exsisting screen was "sized-down" to fit with a chisel or some other blunt instrument and has ragged edges and a crack in it. Does anyone know where I may be able to get a replacement? Thanks, in advance, for any information.

rick oleson

Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can provide screens for some 2 1/4" TLRs, but I haven't fitted a Mamiya. If you have the overall dimensions I can let you know whether I can fit it.

The original Mamiya screens were glass, and the frame was made of thin aluminum and easily bent... and once it was bent it would crack any new glass screen that you tried to install in it. If there's any sign of damage to the frame, I would advise a plastic screen as a replacement so at least it will be intact when it's installed.

rick : ) =

Doug Wilson

Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick:

The frame opening measures 5cm X 5cm (2" X 2") and the screen itself should measure approximately 6cm X 6cm. The frame seems to be in good condition and is not bent. Plastic would be fine as long as it is fairly clean and crack-free. If you wish, you may contact me directly at [email protected].

Thanks,

Doug

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration