Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zorki 4k rangefinder repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zorki 4k rangefinder repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris C-W

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I aquired an old zorki to play around with but the bottom right hand corner of the rangefinder window is to dark to see through. I wanted to know if anayone new how to remove the winder crank handle and remove the top so that I could get in to clean the rangefinder lenses.

George

Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 08:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bottom right corner... I really don't mean to sound patronizing, but before you start disassembling the camera, is there a lens shade attached to the lens? If so it is probably blocking the lower right corner of the view finder.

If it turns out to be not quite so simple, take a look at Rick Oleson's page on Russian rangefinders:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-58.html

About a third of the way down the page you'll find information on Zorki 4 disassembly.

Chris C-W

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 04:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No its not a lens shade its a dark stain in the viewfinder.

george

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lens shade was just the first thing that occured to me. If might be debris from a previous attmpt at repair. Try Rick's instructions.

Howard

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris, It sounds as if the canada balsam that cements the two halves of the viewing prism has broken down in that area. In one of my cameras it was an opaque dark brown. There are ways of fixing this, enter "canada balsam" in the keyword search on the right to pull up the threads.
Good Luck

Chris C-W

Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 04:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks I will try that

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration