Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon f4s dp-20 nonfunctional Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Nikon f4s dp-20 nonfunctional « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

anthony

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

nikon f4s

my dp-20 meter seems to have failed. spot meter still works but i understand that that is the camera bodys default metering mode and has nothing tp do with the dp-20. i have switched meters out with another camera and narrowed it down to the dp-20 finder. when you switch from spot metering to either matrix or center weighted the readings go very very low....usually to -4.

im not much of a camera repairman but i did take it apart to look for anything obviously broken...note:i dont really know what i am looking at but what the hell...right? i cleaned all the contacts and made sure all of the wires were indeed connected and that there were not any burnt looking or broken parts. i did not see anything obvious.

i am hoping someone on here has had the same problem and/or knows a solution. this seems to be a common malfunction with the dp-20.

thanks in advance....any help is greatly appreciated!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration