Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S2 shutter diagram Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica Auto S2 shutter diagram « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all, after receiving my S2, I found a lot of metal flakes inside. I found the pin had come loose from the timer and the speed selection detent spring was loose also. But, I also found a small, really small, cir-clip inside the camera towards the rear element. I say that, it could have come from anywhere. I have looked at every pin on the shutter assy, removed the lens plate assy and looked their also, and I cannot see where this clip should go. I'm hoping someone here as an idea or maybe a close up shot of the components that may show the clips location. I also need some parts if anyone has any older Konica s2s lying around. Thanks

Don

Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never mind, I found the answer. You can see the shutter assy here http://www.daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/copalmxv/copalmxv.html

The small cir-clip is what holds the self timer down. Apparently someone had tried to manipulate the self timer through the lens slot and broke the end of the little stud that the timer slides on. The grooved part for the cir-clip is broken off, and the timer sits at an angle which I found the stud bent once I removed the self timer. Looking for a shutter or just the plate for the Konica Auto S2. Thanks

WernerJB

Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, D. Mitchell's picture shows the Copal MXV shutter, the one used in the Konica Auto S 2 is the Copal SVE, I have never seen one with the MXV.
Although the shutters are similar there are some differences which prevent the swapping of parts.

WernerJB

Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, for the spelling mistake: the shutter used in the Konica Auto S 2 is the Copal-SVA.

WernerJB

Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Don, it's me again, try this link (it offers photographs of the SVA): http://feuerbacher.net/photo/frame.html?repair/KonicaAutoS2/KonicaAutoS2.html~Main
W.

Don

Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi WernerJB, thanks. I have looked at Micks site and noticed his problem is almost the same as mine. Do you have any pics of this shutter in its entirety. I would like to confirm where this little cir-clip is supposed to go. Thanks again.

Don

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration