Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X-9 frozen Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta X-9 frozen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Geoff

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a minolta X-9 that has not been used for some time. It worked when "parked," but now it is frozen. The batteries are good. The electronics seem to be working. However, the camera will not wind; nor will the shutter actuate.

Any ideas about what could be wrong with it?

Grant Hagen

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at this short discussion:
https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/6403.html?1145936498

Of itself it probably won't help you, but you can click on a link to a guy called "Henry." (Who was that masked man?)He knows strange things about a lot of the x-series cameras and helped me fix a X-570 with a locked-up mirror, shutter & film advance.

All I had to do was take off the bottom plate and reset the meshing of two gears. Of course, you might not be so lucky!

Grant

Michael Linn

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On an X-9 it could also be the usual release capacitor problem which inexpensive solution can be found here by using the search function.

Geoff

Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanx, I did a search and tested the capacitor. That cleared it up. Now I just have to find a small enough cap to physically fit in the space. My only 220uF is about twice that size.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration