Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica PLC 3 lightmeter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Praktica PLC 3 lightmeter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monica Cusniriuc

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 05:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I live in Romania and I have a 20 years old Praktica PLC 3 camera, 3 years ago had a minor mechanical problem and I took it to a repair workshop. They solved the mechanical problem but when they assembled back the body, ruined the potentiometer used for the lightmetering system. Can anybody tell me how many ohms it was, because i can no longer measure it. I suppose it was linear.

Steve Sheppard

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 04:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monica,

Which potentiometer is the problem? I have a scrap PLC3 in pieces, and apart from whatever is in the lens itself, there is a pot under the bottom plate connected to the shutter speed control, and two little pots on a panel under the rewind knob.

The shutter speed pot on mine measures 350 ohms - but you could only replace this with the part from another camera. The two little ones measure 35,000 ohms and 57 ohms. Are you sure it is one of the potentiometers at fault, and that the repairers didn't just damage a wire somewhere - very easy to do?

Given the price of Prakticas it would be quickest and easiest just to buy another, but if you are determined to fix it, and can use a soldering-iron, you are welcome to any of the parts from mine.

Steve Sheppard

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 04:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

P.S. Also, of course, it will be extremely difficult (impossible without instructions) to re-calibrate the metering if you do replace any components!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration