Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri Racer disassemble Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Petri Racer disassemble « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rcxboy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 04:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
I am planning on cleaning the insides, mainly shutter/aperture of my petri racer (its a 2.8 one). Have been unable to work out how to get to them though. I can get the casings off the main body, but can only take the focus knob and its cover off the lens, as well as the two screws under that. I cant find out how to get any further, and would like some help.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 03:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To get to the shutter you have to start with the retainer ring around the name plate ring (which carries the CdS cell). Screw off the front lens cell. The speed dial is a bit tricky to lift since it has a slide contact reaching downwards. Then you will see the shutter cover with the ring nut around the shutter collar. After removal of the ring nut you can lift the shutter cover.

Petri shutters usually are quite solid. Older ones are similar to late Prontor shutters, newer ones are similar to Copal leaf shutters. You can find hints for both types on

www.daniel.mitchell.name

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration