Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kowa SE T Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Kowa SE T « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently picked up a Kowa SE T SLR. The film advance is stuck. I can't see through the viewfinder. I'm not sure the film release is working properly, and I'm sure it has been dropped on the lens at least once. Would it make more sense to just buy another camera at the next camera fair?

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YES! Kowa SLRs are were a major reason for the lack of sleep in the camera technician's life.

Jan

Roy Randall

Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rob.
Sorry about the late reply but I've had a few days in hospital. What Jan says is true , if you happen to be a normal, sane, human being. If, like me you like a challenge, they CAN be repaired. If you're prepared to buy a replacement what have you got to lose? The Kowas that I've worked on that have had a jammed advance have all, so far, been caused by the shutter not firing You say you're not sure if the film release is working, I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the film is not being moved, take it out.
You'll soon know if the shutter is working, if it fires there will be an arm shaking vibration and a noise like a jack hammer as the mirror operates.
Try without film in and see what happens.
Roy

Rob

Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 08:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter will not fire. The film advance will not. The lens has been worked on by someone else, and the adjustment rings are damaged. I really wouldn't know where to start. There is a camera fair coming up at the end of this month in the area. It will be easier to just wait and pick something up.

steve

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to have a Kowa SE T, years ago and am looking for one currently, Mine jammed with the mirror down/part down. Sometimes twisting one of the rings aperture ring maybe??)used to clear the jam. Good news was whilst I was stripping it down I had a burglary and some guy pinched it. It would be great to find out how to repair these and get another.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration