Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Seagull Jammed Shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Seagull Jammed Shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ivor Carter

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi -
I have a Seagull DF 300X with what I would now describe as the Classic Jammed Shutter problem. I just bought it off ebay because it was "new" and it jammed straight away. I had another dear old Seagullwith the same problem but managed to fix it by pushing on the blind at the back and it clicked and so far so good. When I took that one in for a repair quote they said it was a diode, but I never had it fixed and as I said it cleared up.
Touching the blind on my new one doesn't fix it.
I would like to try and fix this myself if possible as I love the pictures they take. Also where can you get phillips head scredrivers small enough to pull it apart?
Thanks
Ivor

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration