Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help with Argus Seventy-Five small re... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Help with Argus Seventy-Five small repair to viewer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Boland

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I took my Argus Seventy-Five apart to clean the glass and mirror and now for the life of me I can not work out how to replace the small slip of metal that make the viewer shade slide up and down so smoothly.

It has a hole punched in one end and there are at least two likely 'pins' to hang it on but neither works or at least not the way I'm putting it back together.

Any suggestions?

I'd really like to fix it because the shade drops down without this piece in place.

Cheers,

Patrick Boland
Sydney, Australia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eli Cikowski

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 01:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just cleaned up an Argus Seventy-Five. The only thing that moves the shade up and down is a small spring on the left side. The brass piece with a hole in one end and a point on the other goes under the face plate above the Inst/Time slider on the front and keeps it in. I noticed this when it fell out. It is held in by one of the face plate screws.

By the way, the spring hooks on two of the pins you've noticed, they have grooves in them. The other pin keeps the shade from opening too far.

Eli Cikowski

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration