Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Camera does nothing but beep Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Camera does nothing but beep « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

G.M. LEBO

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I HAVE A T50 THAT DID WORK, AT LEAST TILL I PUT FILM IN IT NOW ALL IT DOES IS BEEP. I HAVE RPLACEDTHE BATTERIES. THE WINDING SPOCKET IS ENGAGED . ANY IDEAS?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug Wilson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remove the film. Check battery voltage or replace with fresh batteries. Check that the rewind button is not still depressed. Carefully try to advance the film sproket. If it does not move, do not force it. If the problem still exists, remove the bottom cover and, with a small pick (or similar instrument), VERY CAREFULLY rotate one of the visible gears located towards the front of the camera (these gears are plastic, treat them with the utmost care). Remove the battery cover from the bottom cover, and using this, you can insert the batteries and complete the circuit with the camera bottom cover off the camera. Try to activate the shutter with the shutter button. You may need to repeat this procedure several times. These old advance motors tend to get "stuck" and it is possible to coax them back into operation. It will probably operate very sluggishly at first but will improve with repeated operation.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration