Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM 10 Speed indication Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » OM 10 Speed indication « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Wallage

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Can anyone help with an Olymous OM10 problem? Everything seems to work OK, including the switch psitions, but when I put it on Auto and turn the aperture ring the red light in the viewfinder steadfastly refuses to move down the shutter speed scale.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter

Don

Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you saying the over led remains on but the shutter is ok? If so, check the brown & red wire connections to the film speed bd. Alternately if the 1 sec. led stays on the short the pink leads on the rewind side of the flex. If the led s now change, look for an open to the cds cell.
Don

spyderman

Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had similar problem. The "over" light was always on.

I first cleaned the two resistor paths under the lens mount with naphta to remove all dirt and grease. This helped a bit. Sometimes the over light would turn on and off again. Later I found that it was because the top cover pressed too much on some wires on top of prism. Too thin wire, in too tight space. Just try to make those wires behave nicely under the top cover and not cross each other too much.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration