Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex 3.5 F Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Rolleiflex 3.5 F « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

J R W

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 08:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to remove the front element on a Rolleiflex 3.5 F to get rid of some fungus on the inside. I know that I can remove the viewing lens with a spanner wrench, but the taking lens is a problem since I am totally stymied. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Wayne

Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is possible to remove the front lens group of the taking lens on some Rolleis without removing the front fascia panel, but in general you'd do that first. There are screws under the leather that secure the panel and depending on the model some switches may have to be removed as well. Not a difficult job, but if you're not confident get a pro to do it - shouldn't cost very much. I wouldn't even attempt to undo the viewing lens without removing the fascia as these are generally locked in position by a locking ring under the front panel

Rolleiman

Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some taking lenses on E and F cameras have a flange that prevents them from being removed without taking off the face. There are 4 screws holding the face on and depending on which version of F you have, can be very tricky to put back on due to the coupling mechanism. You will not be able to unscrew the viewing lens without unlocking it, for which the face has to be removed.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration