Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Om4 spot metering Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Om4 spot metering « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Petros

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I just got a used Olympus OM4 with two zuiko lenses:
one standard 50mm f1.8
one zoom 35-105 f3.5-4.5 macro
the problem is that the spot metering as well as the memo (ae lock) doesn' t function at all when the later is mounted. The lens looks fine, all the controls and back flange are in good order, the camera ttl center weighted metering works so I really don't know what is wrong. I don't know if the fact that this is an early version (s/n 121210) lens plays any role.
If anyone has any idea please help.
Thanks in advance.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Petros

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 02:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just found out that although the lens seemed firmly mounted in fact it needed a slight further rotation to probably actuate the camera's circuit, because now each time I do that everything functions properly.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration