Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM10 OM-10 gap in shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus OM10 OM-10 gap in shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Templeton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My son decided to put a piece of cardboard in the shutter of his OM10 (why, I have no idea). The result is that when the Film Advance Lever is used, and the shutter moves from the film can towards the take-up spool, there is a gap of about one-eighth of an inch between the two blinds. This gap remains until the Shutter Release is pressed, when both blinds go to the film-can side, and no gap is then seen.

Is this an easy fix, or do we scrap the camera?

Thank you for your thoughts,
Mark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know, Mark. I have been thinking about this, but offhand I can not see a reason it would perform like this. Does the gap exist each time the shutter is cocked? Did the piece of cardboard get wound up with the shutter blind?
Jon

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration