Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Questions about the Nikon SP/Nikon RFs Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Questions about the Nikon SP/Nikon RFs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

C

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All,

I certainly don't have the money for any variant of the classic Nikon RFs, but I'm curious about them:

On the left side top--when held with the lens pointing away from you--I notice a dial on the top deck on the supply side with strange numbers on it. On some models of SP, S2, etc. they're not present.

The numbers are-going clockwise: 5, 8.5, 10.5, and (I think) 3.5.

What do these numbers mean?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lens focal lengths in cm for the viewfinder frames. At one time cm was used in preference to mm when designating lens focal length

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration