Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FR 1 - needs repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica FR 1 - needs repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sarah

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just acquired an old FR1 that requires cleaning and little repair. There are no shops in my area who can halp me. Does anyone know of someone in Massachusetts or NE area who can help me? I would like to get it back into working shape.

M Currie

Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are two reputable shops I know of in Vermont that could do the work unless it involves exotic parts that can no longer be found or cannibalized. Both have websites, and might be able to give you an estimate on line. I have dealt many times with Vermont Camera works, and they do good repairs, and have pretty deep resources for those exotic obsolete parts. I heard on another forum that LeZot is offering a clean-lube-calibrate package deal for older cameras that might prove to be a good deal, though I would expect repairs to be extra. By the way, both of these places have a physical store, and you can walk in with a camera, explain your problem to a repairman, etc. Both also have at least some used equipment for sale, too.

Of course you may find that the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the camera unless it's a sentimental favorite, or has a unique set of lenses. That's up to you.

http://www.lezotcamera.com

http://www.vermontcamera.com

Ron

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abilene Camera repairs and does CLA on this model.

linda dom

Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have an old yashica TL ELECTRO X does anyone know of a good camera repair service that works on yashica cameras in eastern U.S. but does not neccessarilly have to be in this area. everyone i found doesn't have yashica listed.

Gary

Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mark Hama in Georgia is a Yashica expert. His address & website can be found via Internet Search. He can be slow on some repairs. He much prefers phone calls to email.

linda dom

Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

gary thank you for the information on mark hama got in touch with him says NO Problem he can do the job.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration