Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya 500DTL turning meter off Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Mamiya 500DTL turning meter off « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wim Abbeloos

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The light meter on a mamiya 500DTL stays on after turning it off. (The button on the advance lever) Opened up bottom plate, only thing I see is that the battery holder is loose. I can lift it. Is this usually glued in place? Is this causing it to stay on?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

tim_a

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 04:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The battery holder on mine is glued in. Note that there should be a rubber insulation pad on the inside of the battery cap. The switch contacts are between the rewind release and the spindle for the take-up spool, when looking at the bottom of the camera. If the armatures for the switch are improperly installed or bent, the switch can be forced to a closed position. Check to see that the switch is opening up when the switch on the top of the wind lever is pressed.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration