Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Taking apart a Pentax M 28mm f2.8 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Taking apart a Pentax M 28mm f2.8 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Schall

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently picked up a Pentax M 28mm f2.8 that appears to have some fungus along the edge of both the front and rear elements. Looking at it, I can't figure out how to disassemble it to get to the lens elements. Anyone have any instructions or experience taking one apart? I have taken a Meyer-Optik and a Fujica apart recently but I'm stymied on this one.

tim_a

Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had fungus in the rear element of mine. To clean, first remove the bayonet mount. Then, unscrew the wide ring concentric with the rearmost element. A spanner wrench will allow you to remove and disassemble the rear lens group from this point.

Brian Schall

Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Tim. I had already figured out the rear element. Just took a deep breath and removed the lens mount. Looked like to much cleaning fluid was used on it and it seeped betweent the elements. Cleaned up nice.

Still need to figure out the front element.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration