Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Super Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax ME Super « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know how to reach the shutter release magnet of this camera for cleaning? Thanks!

Stuart Willis

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our host for this forum, Henry, is very clued up on the ME Super and I invite him to correct me if in the following I am in error.

The shutter release solenoid is a swine to access. Indeed, when pulling the mirror-box the hot-lead to such has to be cut and later rejoined - because the solder tags on the solenoid are inaccessible.

There are microscopic ways to clean the magnet surfaces but you are looking at some component stripdown after removing the top cover. Are you absolutely sure that you need to access that solenoid? What are the problems which lead you to believe it necessary ?

Henry

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 04:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stuart is certainly correct. The release magnet on a ME Super isn't the easiest to get to. In fact, I bent a soldering iron tip just for the purpose of soldering/desoldering the board on the magnet housing.

But its hidden, tucked away location protects it from most contamination, unlike the easier to get to but also more often contaminated Minolta X-series. You sure this is your problem?

Henry

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration