Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vivitar 45 light meter battery check Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Vivitar 45 light meter battery check « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anirban

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

The Vivitar 45 light meter has a golden yellow mark on the needle readout scale. Does this indicate the allowable range where the red needle should rest when battery check switch (rocker switch in front)is depressed?

Thanks very much.

George

Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 09:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Anirban. Yes, the yellow square is the battery check mark. When the rocker switch is pressed forward, the needle should be over the mark. I don't know how much variation you can get away with and still get accurate readings. The meter doesn't appear to have a zero adjustment.

Anirban

Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi George,

I am seeing that when the needle overshoots the edge of the yellow square by a millimetre and a half, the meter shows one full stop over what my digital camera measures. Interestingly, this is with an alkaline battery that has started its journey downhill and now shows a voltage of 1.35 volts.

With a fresh battery (1.5 v), the overshoot doubles to 3mm and the reading shown is 2 stops over.

FWIW.
Anirban

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration