Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak 35 Rangefinder Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Kodak 35 Rangefinder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just cleaned and re-assembled my Kodak 35. I followed the instructions given by Daniel Mitchell in his VERY informative page on a CLA on the same. It mentioned to " Note " the point at which the taking lens seperated from the shutter as to keep the rangefinder in calibration. I noted the position apparently incorrectly. My rangefinder now shows 8ft. as 40 or so. Any sage advice on my mistake would be appreciated. I can re-calibrate the rangefinder but then, I will undoubtedly be out of focus. Perhaps re-index the lens outward gradually and re-check for every 90 degrees until I match a known distance?
Regards to All!

Ed

Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you should first check the focus of the lens with a piece of ground glass against the film rails, shutter held open and something a 1/2 mile or so away for a target--this would be infinity. If that is correct and the rangefinder is off, you will need to remove the top cover, or as I recall, there maybe an access hole in the top cover, to adjust the rangefinder distance setting and vertial setting.

Brian

Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 05:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frosted Scotch tape on a piece of laminating sheet stuck to the rails works as a remarkably good focus plane. Removed the top, tweaked the rangefinder arm. It is slotted to allow adjustment by application of force. Shot 12 and it works! Photo's are in focus and the shutter is remarkably close. Lot of time for a $15 camera, but their the best to tinker on.( low risk ) I think I'll still send my Autocord in for its yearly check! Thanks Ed!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration