Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need a replacement mirror for Mamiya ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Need a replacement mirror for Mamiya rb67 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jonny

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 12:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a cracked mirror in my RB67 that needs to be replaced. I've looked at several parts stores online and can't find a thing. I e-mailed Mamiya. Maybe when they're done creating another 11,000 dollar digital camera one of their techs can e-mail me back. Where should I look? I've heard that the easiest thing is going to be buying a junk body with a solid mirror. Any help friends?

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 05:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well the parts/junker route is the common way - as has be said by a number of people on the Forum, you can sometimes find on eBay and then share the bits with the other interested parties.

However find the official RB67 repair company/shop in your neck of the woods and start there. Also try normal repair shops that deal with this model. Here in the UK I have obtained badly needed spares from both sources, they have even on occasion given detailed recalibration data. However when dealing with used spares from ordinary repair shops, I do offer a fair price - based on the cost of a new replacement and how badly I need this part. Play fair and you will be treated fairly I have always found.

The other route is to buy a piece of mirror and cut your own. Accurately measure the thickness of the original mirror before you purchase the replacement. There is someone on this Forum that has offered to cut and supply replacement mirrors - cannot recall his name, but assuming you are located in US, I do not think you will have trouble locating mirror stock (is it Edmund's Scientific?)

paul ron

Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have plenty of mirror, e-me at [email protected]

paul, nyc

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration