Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Polaroid Land 195 battery cable Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Polaroid Land 195 battery cable « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stacy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I picked up a Polaroid Land 195 that's missing the wire that connects the battery compartment to the rest of the camera. I looked at my other Land (an Automatic 100), and it has a cable that runs into an opening just below where the bellows connect to the front of the camera. The 195 has no similar opening, and I can't figure out how to get the front apart to look inside. Any ideas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gordon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As far as I know, the Automatic 100 has that particular cable because it has an electronic, battery controlled shutter. The 195 is all manual; you control the shutter by turning the corresponding ring on the lens itself. It doesn't need batteries to function.
It does have a battery compartment though, but it is completely useless. It has it, because I guess Polaroid just used the same back for all their Land cameras, whether they were manual or not.
Some of their manual Land cameras (180, 185, 190, 195) had an electronic timer on the back, and they needed one battery for that timer, but never for the shutter.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration