Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Jammed Exa II Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Jammed Exa II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Léon Brassard

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Allo,

Bought a working Exa II, after having test fired it a dozen times. Came home with a large smile, deposited it on the table, lighted a cigarette for the occasion and took the Exa back: it was now jammed solid! Similarly, the same also happened to a previous Exa II.

Yes, its reputation is known...but...

Is this invariably a recurrent problem or is the jamming possibly originating from diverse causes?
Is it possible to really make it working?

Thank you very much.

Léon

Peter Wallage

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 03:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Léon,

I don't know what part of the world you're in, but I have a copy of the Ihagee factory service/repair manual (Reparaturanweisung) for the Exa covering the Exa, Exa I, Exa Ia, Exa II, Exa IIa, Exa IIb and Exa 500. Only thing is, it's in German.

I run a small reprints business, but this isn't offered on my website because at the moment most of my trade is in the UK and I don't think there would be a wide enough call for it to warrant the cost of transling.

However, it's scanned in, and as several people have asked for copies I run them off to order. It was intended for mechanics at Ihagee agents, and it assumes a basic knowledge of working on cameras.

If you, or anyone else, are interested email me off list and I will quote a price including p&p. It's only 36 or so double sided A4 pages, so it isn't expensive.

Peter

Roy Randall.

Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Leon.
I've had a copy from Peter and it's worth having.
Roy.

Léon Brassard

Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Allo Peter,

Thanks a lot for your kindness: sure that I'm interested, even if technical German is far away from my very basic knowledge of the tongue. Please let me have your quote via cheapest Her Majesty's mail: I am in Montréal, Canada. Could you retrieve my email address through these pages?

Have been away from the screen for a few days and I apologize for the delay in answering.

Thanks to Roy, too, for his comment.

Enjoy your hobby!

Léon Brassard

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration