Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 35 wobbles! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica 35 wobbles! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sam Spade

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetingss to one and all. Anyone know how to remove the lens from a Yashica (not electro) 35 rangefinder. I’m assuming that I need to remove it to tighten it all up.
Many thanks.
Sam.

rick oleson

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm not sure about the yashica, but in most cameras of this type the shutter is attached to a rectangular panel that is in turn attached to the front of the camera with 4 screws. In my experience the most common cause of a wobbling lens is these screws working loose. To reach them you usually have to peel back the leatherette on the front and then remove a couple of access panels next to the lens.

Second most common cause is play in the focusing helical, which i think comes from the grease drying out and leaving a gap... relubing the helical improves it in this case.

I don't think I've ever actually found the shutter retaining ring to be loose.

WernerJB

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

.. but I have, not on a Yashica, but on several older Hi-Matics and, currently, on a Canonet GIII!

zacpro7476

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

wow

Sam Spade

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your help guys. Rick, I've sent you an email with a pic of my Yashica plus a question.
All the best.
Sam.

Charlie

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sam, I've just acquired one of these beauties myself, you can unscrew the lens from the inner part of the plastic lens housing,by turning the housing then you can see the other side of the lens, but obviously you may have to undo screws to adjust, good luck.Charlie

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration