Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zuiko 135/2.8, lens mount locking button Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zuiko 135/2.8, lens mount locking button « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berk Sirman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

Today I bought a Zuiko 135/2.8 MC in nice condition, at a reasonable price. It is in great shape except for one problem.

The lens locking button (the one right across the DOF preview button) is stuck in. It is probably dirt in there that is holding it in. I need to get in there and clean it out. Any suggestions how I can do that? I guess Iremove the three screws on the back plate but I wanted to ask here first.

Regards, Berk

rick oleson

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might not even have to remove the flange... the button is basically a loose piece once the flange is removed, just pushed out by a spring; you might be able to drip a little cigarette lighter fluid in around the edges of the button and free it up.

if that doesn't work, then yes, pull the 3 screws and lift off just the mounting flange and the button will fall out. Once the flange is off, the diaphragm actuating stuff is also kind of lying loose underneath, so unless you want to put it back together try not to disturb that stuff while it's open.

rick : ) =

Berk Sirman

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Done. The spring had gone out of place, now it works perfectly. I do not understand how it could do that, but everything seems in order now.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration