Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Disassembly of Vivtar Series 1 71-210... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Disassembly of Vivtar Series 1 71-210mm lense « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gerry Engel

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I resently acquired a old (1979 I think) Series 1 lens for an Olympus OM. When I looked through it I discovered that it has fungus on the second lens from the front. I have taken off the front lens ring, removed the front lens and have taken out 3 screws on the outside of the lens tub just below the front lens that I thought held the second lens. The lens tub appears to be sectioned about 1/4 inch below the front lens and I thought this section would unscrew once I removed the 3 screws, but if it does it is very tight. I would appreciate any advice in getting the second lens out so I can clean it. Also have been told that with fungus it may not be worth trying to clean. Any comments on that?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration