Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FR-1, water-damage/repair-dam... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica FR-1, water-damage/repair-damage « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christoffer Lorang Dahl

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I unfortunately went around with a cano, bringing my FR-1 along down into the dark blue. Not suprisingly, the camera stopped working. I tried with a new battery in a shop, the lightmeter functioned, and I got to take one frame. After that, the camera was dead.

I tried to open it, brush some corrotion of the PCB and looked for errors. Unfortunately, with my strong fists, I bent a spring out of it`s place, and I'm not man enough to put it back in place.

Wow is the spring supposed to be sprung? And how do I place it back into the camera, the 2(4) pins that are sticking out of it?

Furthermore, is the camera completely dead, or is it possible to get it to life, after the water-accident?

Images of springpart-thing, and camera located here:
http://grums.youhei.net/maria/DSC_0001.JPG
http://grums.youhei.net/maria/DSC_0002.JPG

Feel free to draw on picture nr. 2, and show me were to put the part that's out.

Best regards
Christoffer Lorang Dahl
Norway

Ed

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

usually, water damaged cameras are best forgotten.

Christoffer Lorang Dahl

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 02:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ed, I know, but it DID respond (once) when I tried a new battery. Now, I only need to know how to put it together again, so I can try, after my cleanup

Ron

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes what happens is that people put in a better and power the camera up before all the moisture has been completely removed. If you didn't dissasemble the camera and airdry all components, residual moisture may have shorted out the PCB. With working film SLRs going for $20-50 on ebay, I'd just get another one.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration