Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Fx-2 meter/battery Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica Fx-2 meter/battery « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

pedro Reis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 04:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi.
Just got an Yashica FX-2. read somewhare that uses a 1.5 battery so i went i bought one in a sports store. Its an energizer 1.5v alkaline battery.
Is this the correct battery? If so, how do i adjust/correct the meter because is underexposing allot!!

Pedro

Sam Spade

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Pedro. From memory I think my old FX-2 used a 1.3v mercury battery (could be wrong?) so you'll need to get something like a 1.35/1.4 ZA. Take a trip over to Rick Olesons site, sure you'll find a bit about replacement's on there. Or try www.butkus.org/chinon
for a manual to check out the specs.
All the best.
Sam.

Pedro Reis

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sam.
Thanks .. i was just finding that.....
Besides the 1.4 ZA batteries is there any kind of adjustment that we could do in the camera to solve this?

Sam Spade

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 07:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Pedro. I'd grab a bat first just to be on the safe side. Then, if all is ok, you wont need to have the camera looked at and or adjusted. I have a number of Ricoh's and the 2 ZF's will take the Lr44's (1.5v). One is fine the other I drop the ISO from 400 to 320 and it's ok (black and white film) but the FM under exposes real bad with them. My Minolta HI-Matic G2 doesn't care what you feed it on it just takes great pictures: obviously a better designed power control circuit. I think (perhaps Rick or someone more knowledgeable can agree/disagree) that the Lr44 type bats , apart from being over the required voltage, delivers its power in away that, fluctuates and is therefore not a constant voltage especially as it begins to die. I have in the past (just as an experiment) purposely drained an Lr44 down to around 1.3-ish volts only to find an hour or so later that it had rejuvenated (if that‘s the right term) back to almost 1,5v? I seem to remember that my FX-2 wasn’t power hungry (my OM4 WAS! Plugged it into the national grid! It was cheaper!) so the 1.4 ZA should last. Do you have a problem obtaining them?
All the best.

Sam.

Pedro Reis

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Thanks for the awnser.
Dont know if i can get the 1.4 ZA. Never tryed :)
I'll try that first, instead of changing the camera or controls.
Thanks again.

Pedro

Sam Spade

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Renata do a Zinc Air 1.4 number is ZA675 Hearing aid batteries 6 in a pack for £3.00 GBP.
Sam.

Pedro Reis

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 08:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just got a pack of 6 675ZA batteries for 6.9€ ;).
Even now the camera underexposes....
Where my 350D shows f1.4 1/8, the yashica says f1.7 1/60, same iso offcourse.

Sam Spade

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it underexpose by the same amount before you changed bats? What lens are you using?
Sam.

Pedro Reis

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 07:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, i beleive that is the same amount.
I'm using a ML F1.7

Sam Spade

Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 05:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like your FX-2's going to need a service. Strange; they were qute a reliable camera, had mine three years and although I used it a lot it never once caused me a problem. Where did you buy the FX-2 from?
Sam.

Pedro Reis

Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought it in a local flea market... 15€.
Seemed a good buy...

Pedro Reis

Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, solved .. i think.
Opened the top and adjusted 2 resistors until i got it right at F16 1/125 asa 100 and 1/500 asa 400 pointing at the street :)
Now it matches my eos 350d meter :)).

Sam Spade

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 04:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad to hear you've solved it. Wonder why/how it came to be out of addjustment. Still, not a bad buy for 15e was it.
Sam.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration