Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 230-AF Backup Batteery Replac... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica 230-AF Backup Batteery Replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Clarence Allen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yashica (Kyocera) 230-AF SLR Camers
I purchased this camera about 20 years ago and have not used it for the past 15 years. It is in near mint condition. I also have the Yashica telephoto lens and the additional flash unit plus some extras. I know that it does not have a lot of value however, it might be useful to some student taking a course in photography. Before I list it, to sell, I want to be certain that is in proper working condition.

This camera uses two 2CR5 lithium batteries, one is for back up and not accessible for easy replacement. The owner’s manual states: “ If the battery icon turns on without blinking the back up battery is worn out, contact your nearest Yashica Service Station”.

Does anyone know what I have to do to replace this battery?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Will

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 01:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have to pull the top cover plate, see: http://www.cdegroot.com/cgi-bin/photowiki/Yashica_AF230 . Anytime you have a Yashica SLR informational question, check the www.cdegroot.com site first, it's an excellent resource.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration