Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need help with a camera, Canon A1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Need help with a camera, Canon A1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Katomi

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need some help. I realize this is a repair forum but I need help in determining information about a camera we found in our closet (belongs to us but we forgot about it, got it from a friend for free)

Its a Canon A1 camera and I don't know a thing about cameras. We know its 20+ years old, thats about it. Has a couple of accessories. We want to sell it but don't know what to ask or where to go to find out.

My email is [email protected] and if you could email me, I'll be glad to send the pictures if you can tell me anything about our camera, it would really help us out.

Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The best thing to do is to google Canon A-1 and take a look at the first link that pops up, which is the Mir site. It'll give you more information than you ever wanted to know about the camera than could ever be listed here. Basically, it has pretty much a complete paraphrased manual and some great background information on both the camera and the FD system.

As for price, the best place to look is Ebay. I bought my A-1 a year ago, and, at that time, a decent condition one with a 50mm lens was selling in the $75-100 range(US), and a little bit more if other accesories were included. I paid $150 for the A-1 and 50mm plus 3 other lenses and a flash. I'd be happy to take a look at any pictures you may have. [email protected] .

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration