Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica autoreflx tc Film Transport Lever Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica autoreflx tc Film Transport Lever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

joe mccoco

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, my reflex's transport lever wont go all the way back. i just got the camera and am still figureing out how to use it. the lever clicks into place anout 1/3 of the way there, and then the off switch springs it back
could this be a battery problem?
maybe i am loading the film wrong?
any help would be very nice

thanks

Joe

rick

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 09:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a quote from the instruction manual:

"..After you have completed picture-taking, press the Meter/ Shutter "Off" Switch (34). This will cause the Transport Lever to move flush with the camera body, while simultaneously turning the meter "Off" and preventing operation of the Shutter Release Button. "

It sounds to me like your camera is working perfectly.

Ben

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This about scared me to death the first time I used my Grandfathers Autoreflex with the fear that I'd broken it. Just slide the switch over to the left and it will be fine.

By the way, I think that this was a great idea on Konica's part. Many contemporary cameras didn't have any kind of meter on/off switch at all or shutter lock. If you didn't put the lens cap on, you could run down the battery, and if you left the shutter cocked, you could activate it and waste a frame of film. Canon's FTb got around this with two separate switches, but I think that Konica's film lever switch that combined both was ingenious.

rick

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

personally, i can't STAND combination wind lever/switches... especially ones like on the Nikon FM2 that lock the shutter release when you try to compose a vertical shot. Give me a handle that says ON and OFF any day.

but to each his own....

: ) =

fiendlybrds

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i got it to work, im happy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration