Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AE Finder FN on New F1n Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon AE Finder FN on New F1n « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Kendall

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 01:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone
I've got a problem with a Canon AE Finder FN. It no longer shows the shutter speed meter. It showed at an angle a couple of times but now its gone altogether. At the moment I can't get inside the finder, there are 4 screws that seem to hold on the outer cover. But take those out and it still won't budge. Do I have to take off the eyepiece shutter lever? If so how, it appears to be very solidly attached.

Thanks I hope someone can help

John

Doug

Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello John
You have a bit to go to take the top off,
1/ The two buttons on the side have to be unscrewed, there set in a ring that unscrews, difficult if you do not want to mark them, try a rubber pad.
2/ The lever that operates the bind has to come off, remove the small rubber insert.
3/ On the eyepiece, there is a mask inside the ring this has to come out, it is glued in, it is very thin a easily bent so use care, when it comes to refitting it look at it carefully as one side of it is wider than the other.
4/ Remove the 4 screws that can now be seen....and you are there.

Best of luck
Doug

John Kendall

Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks Doug. I'll try that and see how I get on.
I might need that luck
John

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration