Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM1 meter adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus OM1 meter adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Haig Hovaness

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an OM1n with a meter that is reading about 1 1/2 f stops low. The battery voltage is correct (via CRIS adapter), so I need to adjust the meter. Is the cam on the meter housing the best way to do this, or could I shift the position of the timing gear that communicates the aperture information to the meter movement?

rick oleson

Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 06:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The cam on the meter housing is intended for this purpose, and if your error is linear this is where I would adjust it. There is no electrical adjustment in the OM1, so if a cell or resistor has gone bad all you can do is replace it.

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Rick. While I was checking my Olympus SLRs against a known accurate OM4, I found that my OM2 meter was off too. How hard is it to tweak the meter in the OM2?

rick

Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the VF meter adjusts similarly to the OM1; of course this doesn't affect the autoexposure system.

Spyderman

Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure about the OM 2, but on my OM 20 (G) there are 2 variable resistors that adjust meter reading for low and for high light. I found a good manual on http://olympus.dementia.org/hardware/ with everything well described and with images.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration