Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Going Crazy abou NIWA Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Going Crazy abou NIWA « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, this is like the only place I get results for search about NIWA screwdriver. Aquired one about 15 years ago when working at a camera repair shop - I now work with computers and all of my collegues thru the years have always had to change screwdrivers more often than underwear. My Niwa still works like new! NO other tool has ever come close to fitting like it does. Problem is I keep having panic attacks when I cant find it, I carry it aroud with me from home to work, and at times missplace it (at the moment I cant find it!!)

Question is WHERE can I buy another? or several others? Preferably online since Im living in Sweden.

A million thanx in advance to those who can point me in the right direction.

Its looks just like a normal ol "jewelers" type screwdriver but has an exchangable bit and a bit heavier than the normal ones. I love the balance and grip - wouldnt trade it for 500 drivers with fancy rubber/plastic handles.

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a Niwa section under "screwdrivers" at http://micro-tools.com/

.... both their European and US pages list a Niwa selection, but the link came up dead on the European page. It works on the US page, so hopefully that suggests that you CAN get the products from them.

Paul

Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 04:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so very much! Hard to tell which bit I have compared to the ones there, but knowing the quality I think I'll take one of each. Wish they had Torx T-x sizes in that fit the same handle with the same quality. Repair alot of Apple PowerBooks which have delicate screws and get ugly when using inferior tools.

rick

Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They have Torx sets from Wiha... I have had very good service from Wiha screwdrivers.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration