Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL 25 battery Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canonet QL 25 battery « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philippe Verroest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently acquired a Canonet 25, which lacks a battery. I have been unable to find an original instruction manual, and I have no idea as to what the original battery should be. The inner of the cap indicates 1.3V (and this obviously means a mercury cell). The best I could figure out is RM450 or PX450: they both have a diameter of 11.6mm and a height of 14.5mm. What would be the best solution for a replacement.

Reiner

Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 04:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I strongly assume that the QL25 used the PX1 cell as this one was the one many Canonet cameras of that aera used. The PX1 has the same diameter as the PX625 and the PX640 but it is higher. The 625 and a spring should be the right choice to operate the camera.

Philippe Verroest

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much for the info, and apologies for being this late.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration