Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL 25 sticky shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canonet QL 25 sticky shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philippe Verroest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The QL 25 I recently acquired turn out to have a sticky shutter. But it is a rather strange one: the shutter is not completely stuck but it sure does not fire smoothly and there is a time lag of one second or more (may be it dreams of becoming digital). And it is also very variable and tends to work better when the camera has been left on it own for a while. Also, in a few cases the shutter reopens when the film is advanced and of course you would lose the next shot - and in ths case the shutter cannot be fired again. I have read on this forum as well as on another one the various solutions to this problem, but they all are specific to the QL-17. I am sure there are many similarities, but may be there are also some differences. Can anyone help?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration