Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon F1 No Flash at 1/60 or slower Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon F1 No Flash at 1/60 or slower « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Fabich

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I recently picked up a used Canon F1 (1979)
The camera is in excelent shape (may have been stored for years) The flash works at 1/125 speeds or faster but not at 1/60 or slower. Are there any comon causes for this? Where do I need to look. So far all I have is the repair PDF that is posted on the web. It does not show the location of the x switch just blow ups and part numbers. Thanks for any help you can provide. I have shot film with various speed settings and they seem to be working.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

George

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not positive, but the camera may be designed to synch with flash at 1/125 only. I wouldn't use flash a faster speeds as focal plane shutters do not open completely at high speeds.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration