Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Removing the top cover of a canon t50 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Removing the top cover of a canon t50 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kayvan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 02:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
My canon T50 doesn't work at all. I am suspecting that someone may have dropped it and somehow forgot to tell me. Basically when I push the shutter release button, I here a really quiet click sound and thats it. No film advance, shutter doesn't open, mirror doesn't flip, ... nothing. The click comes from the top portion of the camera so I was wondering if anybody knew how to take the cover off. I unscrewed all the screws but the film rewind knob is where its stuck. Something is holding it down there. I think it might be permanent bonded closed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 09:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you removed the rewind knob? I have never worked on the T50, but as it is manual rewind I suspect that it will be similar to the earlier series. Block the fork of the rewind shaft and unscrew the knob. You may find a circlip or +head screw lurking under the knob.

If you do not find any form of fastener, then I do not know what to suggest. As all the other T Series camera tops are basically held on by screws, I cannot imagine Canon using adhesive to fasten the T50 top on.

Kayvan

Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great. That was the problem. Knob came off easily and so did the top cover. Now if only I
could pinpoint what is causing the problem.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration