Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Replacing selenium meter in FUJICA HALF? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Replacing selenium meter in FUJICA HALF? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

morty

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i've got a fujica half in great condition, though the meter doesn't appear to work correctly. basically, the meter cuts off at f/5.6 no matter what the lighting situation is. this is a problem. the camera still works perfectly in manual mode, but i'd really like to use the internal meter! is there any way of replacing, or repairing an old selenium cell?

John

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 03:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Morty,

I've seen it done very recently, but I can't remember where, maybe someone else knows the link. It was the cell in a Russian camera which was replaced by the solar power cell from a cheap calculator and a variable resistor.

John

Steven Habersaat

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 05:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Morty,
you can perform a "Keyword Search" for "solar".
I found what you are looking for :
http://www.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger/
Scroll down in the left window until you find the links "Camera Articles and Repair Info" and subtopic "Zenit Repair Project".
Then scroll down in the right window until you see "Lighmeter Repair" this link leads to the description how to replace the selenium cell by a solar power cell.
Good luck, BRs, Steven

Pete

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 04:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try www.megatron.co.uk for new selenium cells. You'll need to know the dimensions of the one you're replacing. I've only used ones scavenged from old cameras. The main difficulty for me was making the connections; so get one with leads attached if you can.

Pete

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 05:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you sure it's the selenium though? Maybe something mechanical in the auto-exposure stuff? Check the voltage coming off that cell in different light before disconnecting it. If you're lucky, there might just be a bit of dirt stopping the galvanometer part turning properly (or something).

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration