Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica TC Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica TC « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone tell me what size button batteries the TC takes? Are they the smaller type like the #357, 1.5V, or like the larger #625 1.35V - one or two? Thanks, Harlee

Ken H.

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Tc owners manual specifies to use 2 photographic batteries such as PX-13, PX-625 or EPX-625. These batteries are 1.35 volt mercury batteries and no longer available in USA.

Some use 2 of the #675 zinc-air hearing aid batteries rated at 1.4 volt but they will only last a few months before needing replacement.

Gary

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

2 ea. PX-625 mercury type or equivalent 1.35v per TC manual. Too bad Konica stuck so long with mercury batteries while others were already transitioning to alkaline / silver oxide. I believe those are the larger size batteries. Maybe others have had some imperfect luck with Wein cells or conventional 1.5v?

Harlee

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! I utilize the 1.4 zinc air in some of my older cameras, such as my STR MC II, with good luck exposure wise, but sometimes I have to use an o-ring to keep them from sliding around. I'll try the same with the TC if I pick it up. I just wanted to see if the meter was working in it, as it's in mint condition with no leather shrinkage. Harlee

rick

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure, but I think the TC may have a regulated circuit, in which case you may be able to use alkalines without problems. Some cameras using 2 batteries, such as the Canon EF, work accurately despite the unstable voltage source fo alkaline cells. I don't know if the TC would fall into this category or not, I've never studied its meter circuit or tested it for that.

Harlee

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info. I did place two zinc air 1.4 batteries in it, being careful that they didn't shift while replacing the battery cover, and behold, the camera sprang to life. I placed a lens on it, but really couldn't check the accuracy of the meter while pointing it outdoors in the pawn shop, but it did look very close to what it should be. In the next couple of days I'll do a more accurate test to see how it compares. I'll also check it out with a couple 1.5V batteries. Thanks for the info.

M Currie

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm guessing that the TC did not have a regulated circuit. The T3 certainly does not. That one took mercury batteries too, of the smaller size still easily found, but even hearing aid batteries require a 1/3 stop offset of the ASA dial for accuracy. I think for the larger batteries it's possible to fit O-rings over them to keep them from shifting sideways.

rick

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If hearing aid batteries require an exposure correction in your T3, your T3 meter is out of adjustment.

Harlee

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I tested the TC with 1.4V zinc batteries, and then with 1.5 alkaline, and the meter reading remained the same. So I'm guessing that the TC has a regulated circuit. That would make things much simpler. I placed a short piece of plastic tubing in the battery chanber and both batteries fit into just fine; no wobble, no shifting. Thanks folks, Harlee

rick

Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if it works okay on alkalines, you can use the 625A cells and not have to worry about the spacer thing.....

: ) =

eli

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry for the lack of knowledge but what is an O ring. Can I just use a 1.4 675 and put a piece of rubber or even paper to help them in place? I just bought a TC and was having trouble finding bateries

Jerry

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use the EPX 625A on my TC, SRT's, and SL with excellent metering results. I haven't used the silver version, though. That is a slightly higher voltage.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration