Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh XR-P Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Ricoh XR-P « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 07:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've come across what appears to be a very good conditioned Ricoh XR-P complete with lens for $29.00. If it's in working condition I can probably pick it up for $20.00. I'll put some batteries in it tomorrow. Anybody have any info on this one? thanks, Harlee

JACOB

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DON'T KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK BUT CHECK WWW.BUTKIS.ORG I THINK YOU WILL FIND YOUR INFO

rick

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Ricoh XR7-XRP series are very good cameras. Their meters and shutters are versatile and remarkably accurate (manual speeds are quartz crystal timed). They are slightly loud compared to the big brands, and the finish isn't quite as nice, and they don't have the same range of accessories made for them; but you can use Pentax lenses*, and I think the XRP even had a sort of semi-interchangeable screen (but good luck finding any to fit it).

If they have a significant vice, it's just that of electronic cameras in general: their electronics are very good, but if something major quits, it's gone.

(* The exception to this is that, in the XRP, if you want to use the Program mode you need to have "KR" lenses made for Ricoh; Pentax's "KA" lenses will not interface with the camera's electronics for Program mode. All other modes will work though)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration