Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Braun Paxette - top removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Braun Paxette - top removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul H

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I've recently acquired a Braun Paxette, which I think may be a Super II BL - it's got interchangeable lenses, coupled RF, 3 frame lines and a meter.

I'd like to get its top off to clean the viewfinder (not RF mirror!). The screws on the top plate, behind the rewind lever and under the advance lever are easy enough, but I cannot work out how to get the top past the film rewind release button. This has a screw in collar which I can largely unsrew, although it will not pass the top of the rewind release button. Does anyone here have any experience with these & removing thetop plate?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Helen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 04:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This won't be much positive help, but here goes. You do have a Super IIBL if the lens mount is a screw mount, but if it's a bayonet then it's a Super III Automatic.

I once (many years ago, before I was particularly handy - not that I am much better now!) took the top off a jammed Super IIL and it was quite fraught (dangerous actually!) because the return springs for the leverwind and rewind lever are both a flat tape spring, quite tightly coiled. They uncoil easily as the top comes off, are very long, and can also fly off! So beware...

Strangely, the Super III Automatic is far friendlier, with the springs held under clear plastic covers.

I just realised yours must be a Super IIBL because of the top mounted rewind release. The knob on top of that also unscrews so that the collar will come off. However, as I said earlier, caution is then required - goggles would be wise, and I felt like you need at least three hands for this job (I never did reassemble it!).

H

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration