Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM10--goofy shutter problems! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus OM10--goofy shutter problems! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Danielle

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter curtain on my OM10 is giving me heck. When I press the shutter release button, everything is just fine; it moves back and forth and all is well. But when I go to advance the film, the curtain gets caught up in the upper right. The curtain is sticking on something, and it makes its way about seven-tenths of the way across on the top, while the bottom makes its way across the full length. When I then hit the shutter release button again and advance the film again, the curtain snaps right back like normal and it looks like nothing's wrong with it. Help? Advice? Please?

rick

Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it sounds like the cord that holds the top corner of the curtain has come off its pulley. i'm afraid i don't know a quick easy way to get it back on.

Olympfix

Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 06:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a pull-the-mirror-box-out repair, I'm afraid. Not easy if you have little experience. The blind cords sometimes jump off thier guides, and the only way is to completely dismantle. Buy another on ebay, and then pull this one apart for practice. Take a photo of all the coloured wires' positions, or an excellent diagram, then make sure the linkage of the mirror cocking lever is behind the body cocking lever when reassembling. Good luck.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration